Monday, February 14, 2011

Cruise 2011 - Day 3 - AT SEA ON THE CARNIVAL VICTORY


Day 3 was our only day at sea on this island-packed itinerary. I followed my normal routine…early to rise, tea and breakfast snack, reading and yoga. When I saw lots of people starting to stake their claim on the loungers around the aft pool, I followed suit and picked a couple spots right next to the pool. We all went to the dining room for breakfast around 9:30am and then Rebecca and I headed to the aft pool for some sun.




The guys joined us and we all just relaxed and enjoyed the warmth and the sun. We jumped in the pool to cool off and then, oddly, decided that the hot tub would be a good thing to do. I thought I would be over-heated but it was actually a great temperature.  The guys decided to try out the water slide for a bit.


We also met more Canadians as you always tend to chat with whoever is around you. I couldn’t believe the number of Canadians on board. Obviously, cruising is becoming a very popular way to beat the snow and cold of the Great White North!!

The ship had to slow down, almost to a stop, to offload a passenger who was sick and had to leave.  I can't imagine how disappointing it would be to have to miss the rest of your vacation.  We never heard any specific details except that it seemed they got off under their own power and were tendered into Martinique to catch a flight home.
The island of Martinique
We had a late lunch around 2:30pm and then a nap. We had to prep a bit more as this was the first formal night of the cruise and we had to look somewhat presentable!


I always record the food I eat because the food is a big part of the cruise experience but, for some reason, I did not do a very good job on the first couple of meals?? For supper I had Strawberry Bisque, Pear & Citrus Carpaccio and Prime Rib for the entrée. Dessert was a delectable Apple Puff Pastry with Caramel Sauce (drool!!). We saw a couple of shows and hit the ‘hay’.

For not doing a whole lot, it was a very tiring day : - )

No comments:

Post a Comment